ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP
Codesign is an increasingly mandated mode of consultation across the public sector. However, few possess the expertise and experience to know the pitfalls and opportunities it presents. This is further complicated by the many challenges that delivering codesign in the public sector present (machinery , unrealistic briefs, challenging stakeholders, interrupted policyprocesses, politics, etc). Due to these and other challenges, AAG, Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN),Collabforge and BehaviourWorks would like to invite you to join in the development (through codesign) of a statement on their minimum requirements for participation in codesign processes (e.g. with government agencies).
This hybrid online and face-to-face workshop will begin with a short introduction from the panel. Participants will then engage with facilitators to break down and rebuild a straw man setting minimum requirements for participation in codesign processes. Through this collaborative approach mutual learning and development of the final statement will be achieved.
KEY REASONS TO ATTEND
The workshop will include short presentations, interactive writing exercises and open discussion. You will:
- Engage with experts in codesign
- Understand the benefits and risks of codesign, including what is and isn’t achievable.
- Learn how to plan and prepare for your participationin codesign
- Gain skills in managing expectations up regarding codesign processes with governments.
- Codesign a statement on minimum requirements for participation in codesign processes(e.g. with government agencies).
The intended audience for this workshop is people with experience in engaging with governments in their ageing and aged care related codesign processes.
- Members of the OPAN National Older Persons Reference Group
- AAG’s Special Interest Group (SIG) Convenors (or other nominated SIG representatives- up to two per SIG)
- AAG’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Advisory Group members
- Other people with a lived experience of advocacy and influencing government policy.
We also welcome anyone else interested in joining us, please email a short description of why you would like to join and your background in codesign to email@example.com
There is the option for online-only attendance.